Monday, May 12, 2008

Got one!

I went out to retrieve a trap while the Volunteer was here so that we could switch a recovering cat from a messy trap to a clean one. I decided to get the one I'd set out the farthest, to save me the trouble of retrieving it later.

Lo and behold, there was a Mustache-Kitty in it! He really does have the *most* perfect mustache and goatee. So it looks like I'll be getting up in the wee hours of the morning again to take this guy to the mobile clinic.

Alas, Pigpen is still my white whale. Er, so to speak. (She's neither white nor a whale, but you know what I mean.) And Moo-Cow #5 is still in the wind. I saw Splotch, as I said, but no luck catching him tonight.

This means, though, that if my counts are right (if there aren't more moo-cows and oranges that I couldn't tell apart), that there are only 4 missing kitties, 2 of whom are regulars, 2 of whom are more transient. All things considered, not bad at all. It does mean that I'll be trying this again later on (next month?) By then I may no longer be so violently ill at the thought of tuna smell!

No comments: