Monday, September 20, 2010

Eek.

So, Kitten Max is back in quarantine (ie: the Kitten Hatchery, ie: the bathroom.) For the past few days he's eaten less and less of his canned food (although he's still eating the dry) and his litter box didn't seem right somehow. Today I discovered ... well, it wasn't a pleasant first-thing-in-the-morning sight... exceptionally liquid poo next to the litter box. I then had the, uh, fortune? To see Max actually use the litter box, and also not pleasant... And also with a bit of blood in it.

So there's a phone call in to the vet regarding Mr Max's diarrhea, to which I'm waiting a response. Meanwhile I got him to eat a whole jar of baby food with no problem (he was far more interested in that than he'd been in canned cat food for a while now) and I'll give him another when I get back this afternoon. He's playing-- more than ever before! I can hear him with a jingle ball right now, in fact. So he's still acting himself, but I'm worried.

He's getting a little braver each day, though. Today while I was brushing my teeth and stuff, he twined about my ankles and sat next to my feet. Considering the last batch of kittens would climb up my pants legs, this is nothing, but it's still a huge step from his previous modus operandi, which was to hide behind the toilet, even when he knew it was me and not some kind of horrible monster come to eat him.

More when I know more.

No comments: