It is not too late to donate an item for the raffle-- I just need to know by Sunday afternoon (4/27).
When the raffle goes 'live' it will include pictures and/or links to items as appropriate so you can get a good idea of what you're putting your ticket(s) towards. This list has some links but not the pix.
The List So Far, in no particular order other than as I recall them/find the appropriate links:
1. Summer Reading Bundle-- Several (tbd) romance novels by various authors, in used condition. Perfect for hanging out on the beach or by the pool, or in the air conditioning! [actual titles/authors will be listed in time for the actual raffle]
2. Brownies of Doom-- Seriously, these aren't just any brownies, these are brownies made by Tamnonlinear which are both epic and infamous. You can read more about them here. There will be three sets of these, so three times to win!! (I've had them. I vouch for them. These are amazing.) Caveat: These can only be shipped in the Continental US. (If you're outside the US but would like to put your tickets towards these brownies to be sent to someone *else* inside the continental US, that'd be fine.)
3. Herbal Dream Pillow-- Made by the inimitable Xiane, to, as she puts it, "dream about happy kitties!"
4. Alice in Wonderland Stickers-- Hand drawn, then scanned in and printed, then hand colored using water color pencils, these stickers depict Alice, the Cheshire Cat (of course!), the White Rabbit, the Queen of Hearts, her flamingo and hedgehog, the dormouse and more. (Made by me. There'll be pictures later.)
5. Framed Photographs by Arkstangent. He sent me scans of the photos and they're beautiful. One is a black and white portrait which will have an antique frame, the other is a landscape diptych in modern frames. The diptych and the portrait will be two separate prizes. (And I'll have watermarked versions of the photos posted later before you make your decisions.)
6. $50 Gift Certificate for Custom Jewelry by Kythryne of Wyrding Studios. How amazing is that?!?!? This is for custom work (not premade and already in the shop) and for work done by Kythryne herself (not by the other artists at Wyrding.) [If it weren't in poor taste to enter into one's own raffle, I would *so* go for this. So you'll all have to fight over it instead.]
7. Hand knit purple-y Fox-Cat Creature (stuffed)-- by me.
8. Duckie Stitch Markers by Medusa's Mirror.
9. A Dozen Handmade Greeting Cards by Willedit, in assorted sentiments.
10. Custom Story or Poem by Shadesong, author of Shayara.
11. A Bagsket by Oddharmonic. (Two available!) made in the winners' choices of colorways. (This is a bagsket. Very cool.)
12. A 6x6x6" Fabric Box in Mary Englebreit prints by Oddharmonic. She describes it as mostly black and red with accents in yellow, green and white. You will see pictures later.
13. A Handmade Collage Pendant made by Shadesong.
14. A Quart of Scrap-booking Materials -- new materials in a full quart-sized ziploc baggie. (I know very little about scrap-booking, potentially the one craft I haven't tried. However, Oddharmonic was not only gracious enough to donate this, but to also send pictures of everything she has donated, so you can see for yourself soon!)
15. A Harcover copy of The Space Child's Mother Goose -- donated by Oddharmonic. You can see more about this awesome looking book here.
16. Gently Worn Hanna Andersson long-sleeve playdress and a pair of opposite stripe leggings in size 110 (about a girls' 5 or 6), orchid/cool pink stripe. (If I had a little girl, I'd totally dress her in this.)
17 . Custom hat by Emilytheslayer -- As described in her own words: Everyone needs a hat! Now you can get one made to your measurements, in your favorite colors or in the nerdy theme of your choice! You send me your measurements (or those of someone you want a hat made for), what colors you want, or what nerdy hat you want, and fiber issues, and I knit it up and send it to you. This is supposed to be a fairly quick thing for me, so I'm not going to promise a lot of crazy colorwork or anything huge and complicated, but I will do:
-Harry Potter house colors
-Life Aquatic Team Zissou cap
-something else you can think of that I would certainly be willing to discuss
I'm not going to spend a lot of money on luxury yarn for this, but I will do my best to work with you on any fiber allergies or sensitivities (No alpaca because that's MY allergy :) ). Wool does not itch, my favorite yarn for hats is a wool/mohair blend that is cheap and comes in a huge variety of colors, but is slightly itchy (it's the mohair), but I have testimonials from at least five people who swear it's not bad.
18. Stick Figure Theatre Presents: Shakespeare of Your Choice-- I'm not entirely sure how to describe this. Suffice it to say that sometimes I draw snarky stick figure cartoons of movies, or television shows, or most often, of romance novels. (Pyrite of Medusa's Mirror can attest to this last one.) If you win this prize, I will draw a Stick Figure Theatre of your choice of Shakespearean play, any one of the 37. (We can negotiate over another early modern play, if you wish...) I wouldn't suggest reading the Stick Figure version *instead* of the play, a comment I feel I ought to make given that I do *teach* Shakespeare and it's not inconceivable that one of my students might pass through here... ) You can see some of my early work in the BlakeToons. I recommend the DS:9 "blake-isode." These were created a long time ago, and using MSPaint. I draw in pen now, but it'll give you an idea of the, uh, humor, and, heh, style.
19. Hand-knit Organic Catnip Filled Cat Toy shaped like a fish. Made by me. See my Etsy Site if you'd like to see more in my style.
20. Custom Mermaid Doll like the one you can see here by Jennifer St. Clair. So lovely! And poseable! (Um, although most likely true of the artist, my comments are about the doll!)
My own work notwithstanding, you can see that a ton of talent and generosity and just plain awesome stuff will be in this raffle. I need to raise a *lot* of money, so if you have something you'd like to add to the raffle, please comment here or email me or what have you.
(The cat in all three photos here is Little Orange-- the friendliest and probably youngest, of the colony. He posed for me this morning.)