Monday, July 7, 2008

The 5pm Appointment

Both kittens (fluffy black and dilute calico) are covered in fleas and have ear mites. No surprise. They probably have internal parasites, but the doctor informed me that he doesn't like sticking things up their butts, so I should bring in a sample.

Fluffy black kitty is a boy. Dilute calico kitty is a girl.

Dilute calico kitty is positive for feline leukemia.

.
.
.

Today I really wish I'd never even begun Project-Cat. I know that's me wallowing in self-pity, and worrying over a kitten who will be retested in 6months, so maybe she'll have thrown it off by then. But crap.

Beatrice will be tested at her appointment tonight (in a little over an hour from now.)

Honestly, I don't know how to deal with this. The first problem is that I'm supposed to keep the dilute calico separate from the fluffy black (and should keep them both separate from my cats, and Beatrice, too.) I live in a small space. I really don't know what to do. But all my friends here either have cats (so can't foster another) or don't have cats because they hate them.

I'm overwhelmed at the moment. I know this blog is supposed to be about the cats, so I apologize for my moment of self-pity.

2 comments:

WorldTravelings said...

Oh, I don't really think you wish you never started this project. You know that what you're doing is good stuff. All of it. Whether now or later, those kittens needed to be caught. Don't give up little one over this. the colony needs you.....

Eve said...

You are doing the right thing. These kitties do need you. Talk to the Volunteer and you may find there are some people who do foster kitties with FLV who can take her in.

Think of all the cats you have helped so far. Think of the people you have exposed to this new way of treating ferals. And it's okay to feel sorry for yourself for a little while. This whole thing can be overwhelming. And I'm so sorry that she's positive for FLV.