Thursday, July 10, 2008

Bozo is Sick

I received a message from my apartment complex people today, that someone here has somewhat adopted one of the outdoor cats and that he's not doing well. (She called the office, wanting help from "The cat lady! The cat lady!") A bit later, I called the person and found out that it's Bozo (although his previous owners, who left him here as a kitten, bastards, named him Waffles.) He's peeing dark colored urine, has lost a great deal of weight and has what looks like dried blood around his mouth. The person who called has him in her apartment now, and I'll be taking him to the vet at 7pm tonight. Apparently Bozo/Waffles is still quite friendly (at least with her) and hasn't become too feral. (In the catching spree those nights, in dealing with 13 cats, I don't really recall if he seemed less feral than the others. He was certainly one of the calmest during the recovery period.) She also says her car isn't working, so she can't take him to the vet...

I'm glad this person cares, but I don't know what's going to happen. She wants someone else to adopt him-- and I believe her when she says that he'd make a good pet, but finding a home for an adult cat? Unlikely when we're swimming in kittens, so to speak. When I go to pick up Bozo/Waffles, I'll ask her more about whether she can properly adopt him, or at the very least, care for him if he can be helped but needs convalescence.

When did this become my full time job? (And you know what? I'd be perfectly happy if this were my full time job, at least for a bit, but I am neglecting some other things.) But, as I keep saying when people ask 'Why?'-- the alternative is unthinkable.

No comments: