Saturday, May 3, 2008

Saturday Night

...Yeah, maybe I *am* the crazy cat lady. It's 10:30 on a Saturday night and I'm updating my blog which is all about cats. Oh well.

Your mission, should you choose to accept it: Look through the pictures in the Flickr Set and figure out how many Orange Cats there are. I took pictures of two today, I think (not including Little Orange who is pretty easy to differentiate): Bozo (of the big nose), and another that I don't recall specifically seeing before. Which means, if my count is right, the Orange Cats consist of at least: Bozo (big nose), Little Orange (white tummy, and small), Gandolf (droopy whiskers), Pastel (dilute orange tabby), and the one I saw today, who looks grumpy. I think there might actually be one more, a rather skinny looking one-- but that might just be Gandolf seen from a different angle. There are two unknowns in the sets I took today-- or is there only one?! I cannot tell! Arg!

As you may have guessed, the Flickr Set is updated with another 27 pictures taken today. Cats include: the above mentioned Unknown Orange (or two?!), Little Grey Girl, Pigpen, Cyrano, Calico, Bozo, Dilute Tortie, Daisy and Bessie. Not a bad collection for the day, although I suppose when there are 20 cats living in one area you're bound to see a goodly number of them at any given time...

It's weird to me that I see some all the time (like Daisy), and some are so very elusive (like Splotch. There's only one picture of him in the Flickr set, here. I saw him Thursday, but couldn't get his picture.) But I assume that's just because some are more wary of humans than others.

Oh! Speaking of clever catses, Little Grey Girl is a smart one! When the food dish (which is kept on the landing between the 2nd and 3rd floors of my building-- the stairs are outdoors) is empty, she sits in the grass and watches the landing. Then, when I come out to fill it she sees me, and comes up to eat once I've disappeared. I've seen her do this twice, so I don't think that this is just coincidence.

There may or may not be an update tomorrow (Sunday), just so you know. I shall try, but the paper I'm (sort of) writing may have eaten me by then.

Also, one last SQUEEEEE! for the day, for making our goal and then some! Actually, and then a lot some. You guys rock. You're incredible. Huzzah!

Lastly, the Brownies of Doom are up to 247. Tamnonlinear has promised another batch (another 3 sets of prizes) if we hit 300. Place your raffle tickets!

No comments: