Thursday, May 1, 2008

SCHEDULED

"My, you're a persistent one, aren't you?" the apartment manager asked when I had shown up at her office for the third time in one afternoon, having been sent off the two times previous with promises of "Later." I smiled sheepishly, but obviously this is a project I care about deeply. My persistence worked then; I was granted permission to TNR the colony.

And it has worked now. I just spoke with the scheduler for AzCATs and we are a go. May 11th (a Sunday), we will be doing our best to catch the vast majority of the colony. While other TNR-experienced people have expressed surprise at the attempt to get all the cats in one swoop, I'm just going to go with it, since that's what this group does. We'll see what happens, I guess!

I'm all on my own to catch the stragglers on the 12th, though. Eek!

(There's a nearby clinic being held on the 12th and 13th, you see, which will spay/neuter the cats for a much smaller fee than usual. And the clinic is willing to work with ferals.)

So the current problem is where to put the cats for their aftercare. Eek. I have a bit of time to negotiate with management on that one-- in my Project-Cat Week 1 Report I have requested any space they might have in which to keep the cats for 24 hours, still in their traps of course, while they recover from surgery and anesthesia.

Anyway, we are a go. And how wonderful that I'll be trapping (with help) the same evening that the Raffle ends! It's kismet, perhaps!

No comments: